Posted February 14, 2020
As a Cook, you will fill a pivotal role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through the daily operations of the kitchen food preparations for restaurants/outlets, banquet facilities, room service and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will prepare the highest quality of food products to exhibit outstanding taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues. This position reports to a Department Head or General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of food service experience with general knowledge of dining services and standards.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
- Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Inventories food, supplies and equipment weekly.
- Orders kitchen supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Directs personnel assisting in preparation and serving of meals.
- Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hilton Garden Inn Reno
135 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Nestled in a primary location, we are only six miles from Reno-Tahoe International Airport and accessible to an array of businesses, shopping and medical facilities.
Take a drive to beautiful Lake Tahoe to enjoy water and snow activities or hike the famous Tahoe Rim Trail. Schedule a sightseeing tour on the M.S. Dixie Queen or take a train ride through the beautiful mountains on the historic Virginia & Truckee.
Stay connected in the 24-hour Business Center with complimentary WiFi. Heat snacks from the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry® convenience store in the comfort of your room or indulge in tasty American cuisine at Great American Grill®. Keep active in the fitness center, plunge into the indoor pool or lounge in the whirlpool any time of year.