Posted February 14, 2020
As a Gallery Host, you will fill a pivotal role in ensuring guest satisfaction through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for each guest. You will be focused on optimizing each guest’s experience by promoting hotel services, facilities and outlets and providing information of upcoming events/functions in the hotel and surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have one year of hotel, customer service and/or sales experience. * Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary customer service/sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, proficient computer skills to include Word, Excel, Adobe and guest and employee centric management practices.*
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have good computer skills and brand POS experience.
- Register guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check-ins, check-outs, and VIP arrivals. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Answers phone in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Be responsible for the complete guest experience; to include the Gallery Host Stand, the Bakery Café, the Guest Kitchen, the e-room and the TV den, guest check in and out and the servicing of the meeting rooms.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Completes daily paperwork to include cashing out, documenting all adjustments, miscellaneous postings, paid outs, charges and check-outs.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hyatt Place Dallas/Park Central
126 Room Hotel
Located 20 miles east of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and 15 Miles northeast of Love Field Airport, Hyatt Place Dallas/Park Central offers easy access to Dart Light Rail Rapid Transit and provides complimentary shuttle transportation within a five-mile radius of the hotel. Centrally located in North Dallas and situated near all downtown Dallas venues, with Texas Instruments, Medical City Hospital Dallas, and SMU University all only minutes away.
Why Join Hyatt?
Are you motivated and passionate? Do you have a sense of fun? Are you enthusiastic about serving others and applying your individual creativity at work every day? Whether you are looking for a specific job, an opportunity in a particular destination, or a global career that spans across countries and continents – at Hyatt you are always ‘more than welcome’.
At Hyatt, it is our mission to make a difference in the lives of those we touch every day.
Apply with us today, or talk to any of our colleagues around the world about their experience with Hyatt!