Posted February 13, 2020
Guest Service Representative
As a Guest Service Representative, you will fill a pivotal role in ensuring guest satisfaction through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for each guest. You will be focused on optimizing each guest’s experience by promoting hotel services, facilities and outlets and providing information of upcoming events/functions in the hotel and surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have one year of hotel, customer service and/or sales experience. * Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary customer service/sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, proficient computer skills to include Word, Excel, Adobe and guest and employee centric management practices.*
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have good computer skills and brand POS experience.
- Register guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check-ins, check-outs, and VIP arrivals. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Answers phone in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Completes daily paperwork to include cashing out, documenting all adjustments, miscellaneous postings, paid outs, charges and check-outs.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the Director of Sales and General Manager.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
356 Room All Suite
At A Glance
Located just a few steps from the Washington Square Mall, the Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square located in Tigard, Oregon is your ideal basecamp for a getaway to the greater Portland area. Kick back and relax in a spacious hotel room conveniently located just a few steps away from the Washington Square shopping mall!
Your hotel room in Tigard offers all the comforts of home so that you can fully enjoy your stay. Each room comes fully equipped with two flat screen televisions, cozy beds to carry you off to sleep, and complimentary wireless internet access for Hilton Honors members.
Wake up every morning to a complimentary breakfast including cooked-to-order omelets made with your favorite fillings. Help yourself to hot cup of coffee and dig into a plate of crispy bacon, warm pastries, or fresh fruit. No matter what you’re craving to start your day we’ll make sure you wake up on the right side of the bed and kick things off on the right foot.
In the evening, take advantage of a complimentary Evening Reception where you can indulge in refreshing cocktails and sparkling conversation while savoring some hors d’oeuvres for a delightful beginning to your night on the town.