Posted February 13, 2020
Line Cook (PM)
As a Cook, you will fill a pivotal role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through the daily operations of the kitchen food preparations for restaurants/outlets, banquet facilities, room service and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will prepare the highest quality of food products to exhibit outstanding taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues. This position reports to a Department Head or General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of food service experience with general knowledge of dining services and standards.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
- Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Inventories food, supplies and equipment weekly.
- Orders kitchen supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Directs personnel assisting in preparation and serving of meals.
- Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hyatt Regency Louisville
393 Room Hotel
Travelers can stay in the heart of downtown Louisville at our 4th Street Live hotel and walk to all the top Louisville attractions. Our hotel is conveniently attached to the Kentucky International Convention Center. We have brand new rooms featuring upscale amenities, city views, a sofa, and free WiFi. Hyatt Regency Louisville offers upscale fitness amenities and onsite gym activities for guest comfort and convenience. Accessible by guestroom key, our state-of-the-art hotel gym fitness center located in the lobby level allows each guest an opportunity to enhance their stay and keep active.
- 393 spacious rooms with beautiful city and river views
- Free high-speed WiFi internet access (excludes meeting space)
- Hyatt StayFit® gym with cardio and strength training equipment
- Business Center
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Louisville Visitors Center adjacent to hotel
- In the heart of downtown Louisville and adjacent to Fourth Street Live!
- Under 15 minute drive from: Kentucky’s legendary horse racing venue, University of Louisville, Kentucky Kingdom, and the Kentucky Zoo.
- 6 miles from Louisville International Airport (SDF)
- Outdoor tennis court