Posted February 13, 2020
Assistant General Manager
Aimbridge Hospitality is seeking an Assistant General Manager to join the team at our Comfort Suites in Fargo, ND!
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for coordinating the activities of hotel personnel as directed by the General Manager.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• 70% Management
o Responsible for completing required franchise and TMI standards training and staying current on all updates/changes to standards, policies, and processes.
o Assigns duties to staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
o Directly supervises front desk staff consisting of 2-15 team members
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
o Provides training to staff.
o Completes new hire paperwork and orientation as directed by General Manager.
o Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card receipts, registration cards, reservation cards, direct bills, credit cards, and IRS.
o Conducts or assists in leading staff meetings.
o Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
o Receives and resolves guest complaints and team member issues.
o Performs functions of the General Manager in his or her absence.
o Available 24/7 with reliable transportation.
• 30% Other Duties as assigned
o Covers shifts in all departments as scheduled by the General Manager.
o Corresponds with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates.
o Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed.
o Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
o Assists General Manager in annual wage scale surveys; ensures team member wages follow wage and salary guidelines.
o All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• A minimum of an Associate’s degree preferred and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Strong management skills; ability to appropriately assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals; provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems; appropriately assesses contributions and performance of team members; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Ability to manage difficult guest situations; responds promptly to guest needs, solicits guest feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
• Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
• Knowledge of safety management principles; federal and state OSHA regulations.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• The ability to foster commitment, team spirit and trust.
• Ability to develop and evaluate alternative courses of action; make decisions based on correct assumptions concerning resources and guidelines; define and implements solutions to problems; and recognize when no action is required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. Will require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Comfort Suites Medical Center - Fargo
82 Room All Suite
It doesn’t matter if our guests are here for business or vacation, we have got them covered at the Comfort Suites® Medical Center hotel in Fargo, North Dakota.
- Free hot breakfast
- Free parking
- Indoor heated pool
- Fitness center
Guest rooms feature:
- Microwave and refrigerator
- USB ports
- Premium bedding
- Coffee maker
- Flat-panel TV
Our spacious suite hotel in Fargo, North Dakota is close to many great attractions, including:
- Scheels Arena
- Red River Zoo
- Roger Maris Museum
- West Acres Mall
- Fargo-Moorhead Visitors Center