Posted February 13, 2020
As a Barista, you will fill a guest services role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals of the daily operation of the Starbucks facilities and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will prepare/serve beverages and food to guests to ensure the highest quality of product and service standards.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 6 months of F&B outlet customer services experience to include cash handling, preferably previous Barista experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Prepare beverages requested by customers or servers according to standard operating procedures (i.e. proper proportions and ingredients control costs provide a consistent product to the guests)
- Maintains clean and organized work areas to maximize efficiency; sets up the bar and back bar according to established procedures.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Performs pre and post-shift side work including stock service station, makes coffee, etc.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center
225 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center places you at the heart of the Texas Medical Center – the largest medical facility in the world, with more than 50 institutions spanning over 1000 acres. With a complimentary shuttle service to transport you around the extensive medical center complex and spacious suites providing additional space, our stylish hotel is the ideal choice for extended stays.
- Situated in the heart of Texas Medical Center, only a block from world-class medical facilities
- Complimentary hotel shuttle to and from Medical Center buildings and Rice University
- 15 minutes from William P. Hobby Airport and 40 minutes from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- 7,500 sq. ft. of meeting and event space for up to 450 guests