Posted February 13, 2020
Assistant General Manager
As an Assistant General Manager, you will fill a leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. You will attentively oversee the hotel's personnel as directed and provide support to the General Manager. The responsibilities of the Assistant General Manager are 70% management and 30% assigned duties to ensure hotel consistency in quality of standards, maximizing profits, developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a Supervisory or Management Operations position and brand experience is preferred.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Assigns duties to staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card receipts, registration and reservation cards.
- Accounting/Cash Handling to include:
- Maintaining accurate A/R records
- Daily deposits
- Petty Cash
- Tax reconciliation
- Accounts Payable/Checkbook entries
- Credit card handling – processing, batching, and PCI compliance
- Assists General Manager in annual wage scale surveys; ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines.
- Selects or assists in the selection of hotel staff and completes all new hire paperwork including position and safety training.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed to include corresponding with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Courtyard Toledo Airport Holland
149 Room Hotel
Our hotel provides easy access to popular attractions like Holland Gardens, Hollywood Casino Toledo and Toledo Zoo. Before visitors begin exploring, they can get a good night's sleep inspired by our plush bedding and crisp linens, or take a dip in the indoor pool.
Anyone can reserve one of our two meeting rooms, featuring AV equipment and catering options, to make their business meeting or team gathering a success.
Guests will enjoy free high-speed WiFi and ergonomic workstations, and grab a meal and drinks from The Bistro. Once they've fueled up, they can head over to our fitness center to get in a workout using our cardio equipment and free weights. We invite travelers to join us and feel at home in the spacious rooms of Courtyard Toledo Airport Holland during their upcoming stay in Holland, Ohio.