Posted February 14, 2020
As the Sous Chef, you will fill a pivotal role by directing and supervising the efficient operation of food production areas. In conjunction with The Executive Chef is responsible for supervising and assisting in the preparation of all food items, based on standardized recipes while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen, work and storage areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have three or more years of progressive experience in Hotel Food & Beverage experience or other successful F&B service industry; or a Culinary Degree with 2 or more years of progressive experience in Hotel Food & Beverage experience or other successful F&B service industry. Creates and plans all meals and menus for the restaurant/s, outlet/s and catered events.
- Expedite peak meal periods by maintaining a "hands on" approach.
- Monitors food outlets, buffets, stations and food displays for creativity, quality, cleanliness and food safety.
- Assures timely set up, schedules well trained cooks in all areas in proper uniform.
- Assists the Outlet-Restaurant Manager and the Banquet Manager in their daily and weekly duties as needed.
- Assists the food and beverage services for conventions and group activities at the hotel and coordinates with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Works frequently with subordinates in the Food and Beverage Department to ensure all aspects of business are running smoothly and on schedules to improve existing practices and services both in the front of the house and the back of the house.
- Assist in the achievement of departmental objectives and goals.
- Works within monthly set food cost budget, adjust food requisitions and controls waste.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hyatt Regency Tulsa
444 Room Hotel
Hyatt Regency Tulsa is located in the heart of downtown Tulsa’s vibrant business, entertainment, and cultural districts. Our hotel overlooks the scenic gardens of the Williams Center Complex and is only eight miles from Tulsa International Airport. Adjoined via skybridge to Williams Towers, our luxury, high-rise Tulsa hotel is adjacent to the famous Tulsa Performing Arts Center and just a few walking blocks from the Cox Convention Center, BOK Center and more than 50 restaurants and bars.
- 444 recently renovated guestrooms with luxurious suites
- 24-hour fitness center & business center
- Indoor/Outdoor rooftop swimming pool and sundeck
- Ihloff Salon and Day Spa
- Exclusive regency club lounge
- Convenient downtown location, only six blocks from the Cox Convention Center, 2 blocks from BOK Center