Posted February 13, 2020
Assistant General Manager
We have an opportunity for an Assistant General Manager to join the team at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Fort Worth, TX! As an Assistant General Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating the activities of hotel personnel as directed by the General Manager.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for completing required franchise and TMI standards training and staying current on all updates/changes to standards, policies, and processes.
- Assigns duties to staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Directly supervises front desk staff consisting of 2-15 employees
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides training to staff.
- Completes new hire paperwork and orientation as directed by General Manager.
- Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card receipts, registration cards, reservation cards, direct bills, credit cards, and IRS.
- Conducts or assists in leading staff meetings.
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Receives and resolves guest complaints and employee issues.
- Performs functions of the General Manager in his or her absence.
- Available 24/7 with reliable transportation.
30% Other Duties as assigned
- Covers shifts in all departments as scheduled by the General Manager.
- Corresponds with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Assists General Manager in annual wage scale surveys; ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree preferred and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Strong management skills; ability to appropriately assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals; provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems; appropriately assesses contributions and performance of employees; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to manage difficult guest situations; responds promptly to guest needs, solicits guest feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of safety management principles; federal and state OSHA regulations.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
- The ability to foster commitment, team spirit and trust.
- Ability to develop and evaluate alternative courses of action; make decisions based on correct assumptions concerning resources and guidelines; define and implements solutions to problems; and recognize when no action is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. Will require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Fort Worth University Drive
79 Room Hotel
Our Marriott hotel is walking distance of many Fort Worth restaurants and the Fort Worth Zoo. TCU enthusiasts will be 1.5 miles from the TCU campus and football games at Amon G. Carter Stadium along with other Horned Frog athletic events. Conveniently near the Fort Worth Medical District, our hotel is less than 2 miles from the Plaza Medical Center including Cook Children’s Hospital, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital and the Baylor All Saints Medical Center. Also less than 2 miles away from the hotel are the events at Will Rogers Memorial Center and the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History. For travelers who have an event at the Fort Worth Convention Center, we are only 10 minutes away and an easy drive along I-30. Guests staying at our hotel are also a convenient drive on I-30 to AT&T Stadium and Six Flags over Texas.