Posted January 14, 2020
You can't just eat good food. You've got to talk about it too. And you've got to talk about it to somebody who understands that kind of food.
As a Cook, you will fill a pivotal role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through the daily operations of the kitchen food preparations for restaurants/outlets, banquet facilities, room service and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will prepare the highest quality of food products to exhibit outstanding taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues. This position reports to a Department Head or General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of food service experience with general knowledge of dining services and standards.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
- Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Inventories food, supplies and equipment weekly.
- Orders kitchen supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Directs personnel assisting in preparation and serving of meals.
- Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte-Lake Norman
101 Room Hotel
The brand new Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte /Lake Norman is the premier hotel in the area, and we are delighted to welcome our visitors! In each guest room, we feature: one king, one queen or two doubles with fast & free WiFi, complimentary bottled water, coffee, refrigerator and microwave. We feature 2,000 total square feet of meeting space that lends itself the perfect space for business meetings, as well as midsize events. We invite guests to dine with us at our full service restaurant that serves a la carte breakfast, as well as cook to order dinner and Best Brew at the Bar. Our hotel is in one of the best spots in town, too. Guests can step out for great local shopping, dining and golf at Birkdale Village, which is less than a mile away. We are conveniently located near major highways and a quick 30 minute drive to Charlotte Douglas International Airport.