Posted January 14, 2020
As the Housekeeping Manager, you will fill a key leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. As the appearance and cleanliness of the hotel is paramount to all guests, you will ensure that the housekeeping and laundry divisions meet the highest standards of quality and efficiency. The manager of this dynamic team ensures that hotel guest rooms, public spaces, and other areas of the hotels are immaculately clean, organized, and sanitary and reports directly to the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Love the look and smell of clean, be detail oriented, preferably with facility cleaning experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have 5 or more years of experience in leading a housekeeping team in a multi-unit facility requiring daily cleaning of 50 or more guest/patient rooms.
- Manages overall supervision of daily inspection for arriving VIPs.
- Ensure lobbies, guest hallways, guest rooms and the back of the house areas are cleaned to company standards.
- Maintains standards regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting according to company SOPs.
- Maintains required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Responds quickly to guest requests/complaints in a friendly manner. Relays appropriate requests or complaints to appropriate subordinate or manager. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance to company and brand training using the steps to effective training according to company standards.
- Assists in scheduling staff’s work schedules and duties according to productivity standards and forecasted occupancy; monitors staff’s adherence to schedules and duties.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Courtyard Jacksonville Flagler Center
120 Room Hotel
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Flagler Center features the Bistro lobby and Courtyard Refreshing Business design. The innovative lobby includes media pods, complimentary Wi-Fi and a variety of seating zones that are ideal for everything from pop-up meetings to social gatherings. Guests can enjoy casual seating and easy access to high quality, healthy menu options for breakfast or dinner in The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect®. Evening options include snacks, cocktails, wine and beer so guests can unwind. We offer close proximity to prominent area businesses and world-class attractions. Guests can escape to a comfortable room at the end of the day for a good night’s rest in plush Marriott bedding. This Jacksonville, FL hotel’s meeting room can host events for up to 40 people, and the new board room has accommodations for up to 10 around a permanent board room table. Our attentive Courtyard by Marriott team will deliver true Marriott hospitality.