Posted January 14, 2020
Come join the management team at Hyatt house Richmond West!
Housekeeping Manager (OEM)
As the Housekeeping Manager, you will fill a key leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. As the appearance and cleanliness of the hotel is paramount to all guests, you will ensure that the housekeeping and laundry divisions meet the highest standards of quality and efficiency. The manager of this dynamic team ensures that hotel guest rooms, public spaces, and other areas of the hotels are immaculately clean, organized, and sanitary and reports to the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Love the look and smell of clean, be detail oriented, preferably with facility cleaning experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer-centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have 4 or more years’ experience in leading a housekeeping team in a multi-unit facility requiring daily cleaning of 50 or more guest rooms.
- Handle overall supervision of room attendants, housemen and laundry attendants. Personally sees to daily inspection for arriving V.I.P.'s.
- Ensure lobbies, guest hallways, guest rooms and the back of the house areas are cleaned to company standards.
- Covers shifts in cases of room attendant or laundry attendant absences.
- Maintains a positive, enthusiastic demeanor at all times.
- Must have open availability and access to reliable transportation.
- Assist Assistant General Manager/General Manager to maintain standards regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting according to company S.O.P.'s.
- Assist Assistant General Manager/General Manager to maintain required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Responds quickly to guest requests/complaints in a friendly manner. Relays appropriate requests or complaints to appropriate subordinate or manager. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist Assistant General Manager/General Manager to ensure compliance to company and brand training using the steps to effective training according to company standards.
- Assists in scheduling staff’s work schedules and duties according to productivity standards and forecasted occupancy; monitors staff’s adherence to schedules and duties.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance, conduct, speech and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hyatt House Richmond-West
134 Room Extended Stay
Hyatt House Richmond-West hotel is nestled in the quiet and beautifully landscaped location in the heart of Richmond, VA. Our hotel near VCU and University of Richmond offer guests a modern and quiet place to stay. Convenient to Richmond are attractions including Kings Dominion, Richmond Coliseum, and Altria Theatre. Our extended stay hotel is residentially inspired featuring all of the comforts of home, like free Wi-Fi, breakfast, outdoor pool, and fitness center. In the evening, we offer food and drinks at H BAR.
- 134 spacious studio and one-bedroom suites
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Hyatt Grand Bed®