Posted February 12, 2020
Food and Beverage Manager
One Lodging Now Part Of Aimbridge Hospitality
As a visible member of the hotels' Leadership Team, the Food and Beverage Manager serves as a key liaison for hotel guests. The F&B Manager is accountable for directing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements, systems and processes related to the day-to-day operation of each hotel's onsite bar and restaurant, as well as for its banquets and catering operations.
The F&B manager will be expected to create an energized and positive work environment in both the heart of the house and the front of the house, which results in the delivery of exceptional guest service.
- Monitor and evaluate all F&B department daily activities to ensure the successful operation of restaurant and bar facilities and catering services
- Establish and review standards, guidelines and objectives for all aspects of service, to include breakfast, lunch, dinner, happy hour, banqueting, meetings, catered special events, etc.
- Oversee administrative processes such as scheduling, staffing, training, purchasing, receiving and budgeting/finance to ensure proper planning and organization
- Support the bar, restaurant and catering sales and business strategies to maximize revenues and profitability
- Work with senior management to develop creative and enticing menus that drive volume, guest satisfaction and profitability
- Collaborate with the Sales and Operations teams within each property to ensure effective cross-departmental communication, clear understanding of hotel needs and priorities and a seamless guest experience
- Partner with People Support to create a positive work environment; Serve as a support resource for front line staff
- Conduct daily walk-throughs and quality checks of front and back of house to drive exceptional service and guest satisfaction at all points of contact and for all meal periods
- Plan, organize and delegate daily operational activities against forecasted business volume
- Monitor food cost, labor and other expenses and implements appropriate controls.
- Perform multiple staff functions within outlets as needed, to include set-up/prep of menu items, tending bar, waiting tables, cashiering, etc.
- Drive effective communication across the department within each hotel to ensure consistency, cohesiveness and understanding of objectives and priorities
- Address and respond to guest comments, requests and concerns
- Issue supplies and equipment as needed and participate in regular inventories to ensure proper supply levels
- Approve and process vendor invoices, audit cash banks and perform other accounting-related functions as necessary
- Maintain compliance with the company's safety and security program and ensure adherence to all company and brand policies, practices, procedures and guidelines
- Analyze and evaluate outlet performance by compiling statistics such as occupancy and labor reports and brand guest satisfaction index
- Make recommendations and implement necessary changes to meet and exceed company objectives and to enhance service and operational efficiency
- Engage each guest as unique individuals; Anticipate and listen attentively to their needs and requests
- Serve as problem solver in instances of guest dissatisfaction; Resolve complaints, concerns or issues in a timely and helpful manner
- Report and follow up on any workplace incidents, maintenance issues or safety hazards
- Ensure all bar, restaurant and kitchen sanitation and hygiene practices are in compliance with applicable standards, regulations and laws
- Support other departments, as needed and perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness
- A minimum of 3 years in a previous hotel Food & Beverage Manager/Director role.
- Previous experience with Hilton brands is a major plus
- Strong understanding of 3 meal, bar operations, banquets, catering, special events and kitchen operations
- Up-to-date knowledge, certification and training in food handling, safety and sanitation
- Previous experience in executing against operating budgets, with an established history of meeting or exceeding established financial objectives
- Computer literacy, with ability to easily navigate database, browser, email, document and spreadsheet applications, as well as purchasing software and related programs
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse organizational functions to accomplish common goals
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Schedule flexibility and ability to travel regularly between multiple properties and to work extended and/or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays
- Energy and capability for continued self-motivation, with intrinsic competitive drive to achieve
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks and assignments
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time, which may include extended exposure to outdoor elements (heat, cold, wind, rain, snow, etc.)
- Must be able perform fast pace or varied pace multi-tasking with sustained and focused mental concentration
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin
284 Room All Suite
At a Glance
Welcome to Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence Award Winner. Our newly renovated, all-suite hotel in Dublin, Ohio is located via Interstate 270 north of Columbus, OH. All suites feature microwaves and refrigerators for your convenience plus 55-inch HDTVs with over 45 channels. Guests can wake up each morning to a free made-to-order breakfast and unwind at our Evening Reception with drinks and snacks. Our Dublin hotel also features a newly renovated, modern fitness center and indoor swimming pool, as well as complimentary WiFi access to keep guests connected.
Anyone can plan a meeting or event in our 13,000 sq. ft. of meeting space for up to 1,100 guests. We offer a wide selection of menus for meetings and special events. Our professional catering staff accommodates the needs of board meetings, receptions and banquets for breakfast, breaks, lunch and dinner.