Posted February 12, 2020
ONE Lodging - now part of Aimbridge Hospitality
In accordance with brand and property guidelines, the Cook will maintain the highest standards of organization, cleanliness, safety and sanitation throughout the kitchen, while ensuring total guest satisfaction through superior food quality.
- Quickly learn menus and presentation of hot and cold menu items for all meal periods; Prepare items in accordance with standard recipes and/or as specified by the guest
- Visually inspect, select and use only food items of the highest quality in the preparation of menu items
- Check and maintain internal controls for rotation, storage and portioning of perishables and dry goods
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment, appliances and tools are used safely and are in proper working condition
- Continuously observe the kitchen to ensure that all prep items, ingredients and supplies are sufficiently stocked and are available at all times
- Organize and fulfill special orders as requested by guests whenever possible
- Collaborate with F&B team members and other departments to ensure effective communication, clear understanding of hotel needs and priorities and a seamless guest experience
- Perform varied functions within the kitchen as needed, to include set-up/prep of menu items, expo, hot line, cold line, action stations, etc.
- Maintain compliance with company and brand policies, practices, procedures and guidelines
- Engage each guest as unique individuals; Anticipate and listen attentively to their needs and requests
- Act as a problem solver in instances of guest dissatisfaction; Resolve complaints, concerns or issues in a timely and helpful manner
- Report and follow up on any workplace incidents, maintenance issues or safety hazards
- Ensure all kitchen sanitation and hygiene practices are in compliance with applicable standards, regulations and laws
- Support other departments, as needed and perform other duties as assigned
- Culinary degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness
- Strong working knowledge of cooking fundamentals to include knowledge of 3 meal, banquets and catering kitchen operations
- Strong knowledge of maintenance and operation of kitchen equipment, to include stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Up-to-date knowledge, certification and training in food handling, safety and sanitation
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse organizational functions to accomplish common goals
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Schedule flexibility and ability to work extended and/or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays
- Mathematical skills necessary to divide and multiply recipes and understand measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and easily communicate with staff at all levels and across all departments
- Sufficient manual dexterity in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 150 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and work continuously in confined spaces
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges
Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Tempe
224 Room All Suite
At A Glance
This all-suite hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. Our hotel is minutes from the Arizona State University (ASU) campus and the shopping and nightlife of Mill Avenue. Relax in our sleek lobby, bar and lounge area with expanded breakfast section.
Guests can wake up in a spacious bedroom and enjoy extra space with a separate living area. The free made-to-order breakfast every morning includes a fresh omelet station and everything you need to get the day started right. Snacks and refreshments are complimentary every night at our Evening Reception.
We are ready to host any event with over 10,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor meeting space. Our Phoenix Ballroom makes an elegant venue for presentations and celebrations for up to 500 guests.