Posted February 12, 2020
Guest Services Assistant Manager
ONE Lodging - now part of Aimbridge Hospitality
The Assistant Guest Services Manager is responsible for assisting the GSM with the operation of the Front Office in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Job Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers, Alcohol Awareness, CPR & First Aid.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient hospitality at the Front Desk.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through Reservations, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist to Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Guest Services personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure compliance to brand and company training, using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Assist with preparation of all Guest Services interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Assist with 90 day and annual Guest Service employee performance appraisals according to S.O.P.'s.
- Assist with development of employee morale and ensure training of Guest Services personnel.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate efficiency, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Attend all required Rooms Merchandizing meetings with all appropriate reports and documentation necessary to establish select sell guidelines and implement appropriate restrictions.
- Assist with supervision of the Night Audit function and monitor the House Charge Worksheet and Flash Report for accuracy.
- Review Guest Services staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Assist with preparation of employee Schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements. Present with Wage Progress Report to General Manager weekly.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
- Maintain Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Ensure that Wage Progress, Productivity and the Ten Day Forecast are completed on a timely basis according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned checks, rejected credit cards, employee discrepancies, etc.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s in its use.
- Monitor the process of taking reservations ensuring that Aimbridge Hospitality courtesy and up-selling techniques are maintained.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and house rules.
- Understand hospitality terms.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the Aimbridge Hospitality philosophy of service.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Attend monthly all-employee team meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and promotions currently underway.
- Follow and enforce all Aimbridge Hospitality hotel credit policies.
- Process and handle guest laundry (property specific).
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Ensure participation within department for monthly Aimbridge team meeting.
- Focus the Guest Services Department on their role in contributing to the guest service scores.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review Front Office log book and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
- Assist the General Manager and Engineering Department in implementing and maintaining emergency procedures.
- Be familiar with all corporate sponsored programs such as airline mileage, Triple Upgrade, or V.I.P. programs, and the standards and procedures for each.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Conduct meetings according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by management.
- Other duties as required.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin
284 Room All Suite
At a Glance
Welcome to Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence Award Winner. Our newly renovated, all-suite hotel in Dublin, Ohio is located via Interstate 270 north of Columbus, OH. All suites feature microwaves and refrigerators for your convenience plus 55-inch HDTVs with over 45 channels. Guests can wake up each morning to a free made-to-order breakfast and unwind at our Evening Reception with drinks and snacks. Our Dublin hotel also features a newly renovated, modern fitness center and indoor swimming pool, as well as complimentary WiFi access to keep guests connected.
Anyone can plan a meeting or event in our 13,000 sq. ft. of meeting space for up to 1,100 guests. We offer a wide selection of menus for meetings and special events. Our professional catering staff accommodates the needs of board meetings, receptions and banquets for breakfast, breaks, lunch and dinner.