150 South Arizona Boulevard
Chandler, AZ 85225
Telephone (623) 471-8400
Posted February 12, 2020
Newest Downtown Chandler Hotel Now Interviewing - Guest Services Manager
Guest Service Manager
As a Guest Services Manager, you will fill a key leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. You will coordinate the activities of guest service representatives, drivers, bellmen, telephone operators and night auditors to ensure high-quality guest service. Your experience and expertise will focus on maximizing profits, developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 4 or more years of Hotel Customer Service Hotel Supervisor/Management experience and brand experience preferred.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have strong computer skills and brand POS experience.
- Manages and controls the overall front house guest experience to include registration, creative guest problem resolution, correct billing and cordial appreciation upon departure. Motivates staff within all hotel departments and establishes a productive working environment for hotel. Assists to conduct training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Monitor rate efficiency, monitor and credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Supervises the Night Audit function and monitor the House Charge Worksheet and Flash Report for accuracy.
- Schedules guest service agents, reservation agents, bell staff, van drivers, telephone operators, and other staff within guest services. Oversees their reviews, training and development of staff to achieve hotel service quality standards.
- Assists and/or leads revenue management with the implementation and execution of programs to ensure that the hotel's room occupancy and Average Daily Rate objectives are met.
- Analyzes and generates guest issue, billing, and daily reports, and communicates information to employees and appropriate departments. Assembles tracks and interprets financial and operational plans for the rooms department to include in the annual hotel budget.
- Maintains procedures for security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hilton Garden Inn Chandler Downtown
110 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Find us in Downtown Chandler, a short walk from city offices, local dining, two breweries, and the Chandler Center for the Arts. Loop 202 is a mile south, making for easy access to Greater Phoenix. Sky Harbor Airport's just 20 minutes away. Torch calories in our fitness center or cool off in the outdoor pool. We offer covered parking and 1,800 sq. ft. of sunlit meeting space, plus free WiFi.
Guests are welcome to dine at our Garden Grill, offering health-conscious offerings and a casual evening dinner atmosphere. Our 24-Hour Fitness room is equipped with state of the art equipment surrounded by floor to ceiling views of Downtown Chandler.
Training we provide
Hilton Garden Inn® is the award-winning, upscale, yet affordable hotel brand that continually strives to ensure today’s busy traveler has everything they need to be productive on the road, no matter the occasion. Wherever in the world guests stay with Hilton Garden Inn, they’ll find amenities to help them take care of business: comfortable beds, ergonomic desk chairs, complimentary Wi-Fi, state-of-the-art fitness centers, 24-hour business centers, cooked-to-order breakfast and comfortable lobby pavilions where Guests can be alone, but not lonely. Hilton Garden Inn is the brand guests can count on to support them on their journey to success.
The Hilton Garden Inn Satisfaction Promise empowers every Team Member to do whatever it takes to ensure every guest is satisfied. It’s our guarantee to each guest that “You Can Count on Us.” Join us to help ensure that each and every guest feels at home, anywhere they are.