Posted January 14, 2020
As a Bistro Attendant, you will fill a guest services role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals of the daily operation of the Bistro. You will effectively promote, take, prepare and deliver food and beverage orders to Bistro guests while providing the highest quality of product and service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenue and profitability by providing prompt and courteous food and beverage service.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 6 months of food service experience with general knowledge of food preparation, presentation and service.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Become informed of daily/weekly specials and is able to explain all menu items and methods of cooking/preparation to the customers as requested.
- Prepares and serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to established service standards; times the service of courses to correspond with the dining pace of the guests.
- Operate Micros food ordering system and cash register closing guest checks to room charge, credit, card or cash.
- Receive direct and indirect customer feedback regarding their dining experience and relays feedback to proper management.
- Performs pre and post-shift side work including stock service station, makes coffee, etc.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Courtyard by Marriott Birmingham Hoover
153 Room Hotel
Our hotel is conveniently located within walking distance from Riverchase Galleria and 15 miles away from downtown Birmingham's attractions, entertainment and dining. Whether visiting for business or leisure, our hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi in our large accommodations. Guests can utilize our on-site fitness center to keep them active while on the road and they can also enjoy our outdoor pool with family and friends. Anyone can host a business meeting in any of our two flexible meeting spaces featuring AV equipment and catering services, ideal for gatherings with up to 40 attendees. After a successful day, guests can head to The Bistro, featuring tantalizing dinner options, cocktails, beers, and wine. Our accommodations allow guests to spread out in our plush bedding dressed with crisp linens and fluffy pillows for a restful night in Alabama.