12205 South Apopka Vineland Road
Orlando, FL 32836
Telephone (407) 239-0444
Posted January 6, 2020
Come be a part of inspiring and leading the heart of the house!
Assistant Housekeeping Manager - OEM
Assist in managing the day to day operation of the Housekeeping Department and responsible for ensuring efficient operations of the Department in the absence of the Housekeeping Manager and in accordance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
Position requires ability to cover opening and closing shifts - 9.5 hours per shift - Overtime eligible manager (OEM)
Education & Experience:
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
- Supervisory experience in housekeeping required.
- Long hours sometimes required. Typically a 47.5 hour work week.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly to co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
What you will be doing
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Managing and creating employee schedules for housekeepers, housepersons, laundry.
- Creating work duties or "boards" for housekeepers and assignments for housepersons.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a key control system for the department.
- Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the housekeeping department.
- Schedule routine inspections of all guest rooms/suites and public areas to ensure everything is clean and in good repair
- Assist in controlling expenses and minimizing waste in all areas of housekeeping.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting and review all information pertinent to the day’s activities
- Assist with inspection of rooms daily (do not schedule an additional Supervisor unless occupancy is over 90 rooms or with General Manager's approval -property specific).
- Assist with the review of Housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Assist with the overall supervision of daily inspection for arriving V.I.P.'s.
- Ensure lobbies, guest hallways, guest rooms and the back of the house areas are cleaned to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Assist with deep cleaning projects
- Assist Housekeeping staff during unanticipated rush periods
- Maintain required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Assist with the completion of monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
- Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following Aimbridge Hospitality procedures.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Assist with training and review of all "House Safety" rules and procedures with Housekeeping staff.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering department according to procedures; Follow up on Maintenance Requests to ensure completion.
- Respond to all guest requests, situations, complaints and accidents presented to Housekeeping in an attentive, courteous and efficient way.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in M.S.D. sheets. Keep M.S.D. sheets current and easily available.
- Assist in monitoring “Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to standards.
- Assist with the training of all Housekeeping personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards, using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
486 Room Resort
Located in the heart of Orlando, less than a mile from the Walt Disney World® theme parks, Disney Springs®, Premium Outlet, Universal Studios®, and SeaWorld®, we are only minutes from world-class attractions, championship golf courses, excellent restaurants, and premium shopping. Guests can meet at one of our two outdoor pools or at the tranquil Top of the Palms Spa for a treatment or simply to relax. We offer expansive event spaces and are ready to host a meeting or conference. And computer workstations, located in the lobby, we make make it easy for our guests to stay productive while traveling. Our spacious 486 rooms, including 92 suites, ensure comfortable rest. Rooms have a private balcony or patio with city or pool views.