Posted January 10, 2020
Looking for Creative Talent to join us as the next Social Catering Manager!
Social Catering Sales Manager (OEM)
As a Social Catering Sales Manager, you will fill a vital role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through marketing and supervising catering services, meeting room rental and banquet facilities through direct client contact to maximize revenues and profitability.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have 2 or more years’ experience in Hotel Sales and have knowledge of the local area. *Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.*
- Forecasts and accurately records for all bookings and cancelations at each hotel.
- Ensures that predetermined sales expectations are met or exceeded at each hotel.
- Establishes client base for specific markets to include organizations, associations, and social groups, through direct outside(majority) and inside sales, in order to secure business for the hotels.
- Negotiates guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines for each hotel. Confirms agreements in writing and forwards document to client and affected hotel departments.
- Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel through Marriott and Aimbridge properties as employee rates
- Fantastic bonus structure
*Specific plans for specific positions
Sheraton McKinney Hotel
187 Room Hotel
Located just 30 miles northeast of downtown Dallas, our hotel is a place to reconnect with friends, travelers enjoy a sense of community and discover what makes McKinney truly one-of-a-kind. Guests can make themselves at home in stylish rooms and suites, which feature a wealth of thoughtful amenities. During downtime we invite guests to go for a dip in our outdoor pool, break a sweat in our state-of-the-art fitness center or plan their next meeting or event in part or all of our 20,000 sq. ft. conference center. Nestled amidst lush green trees and rolling hills, visitors will find a city that is an integral part of the nation’s fastest growing metropolitan area, and a popular destination for families, businesses and leisure travelers. From nearby North Dallas corporations for the business traveler to thrilling sporting events at Toyota Stadium, historic museums and the original city square, they will find that McKinney has a lot to offer.