310 Padre Boulevard
South Padre Island, TX 78597
Telephone (956) 761-6551
Posted December 30, 2019
As a Cook, you will fill a pivotal role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through the daily operations of the kitchen food preparations for restaurants/outlets, banquet facilities, room service and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will prepare the highest quality of food products to exhibit outstanding taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues. This position reports to a Department Head or General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of food service experience with general knowledge of dining services and standards.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
- Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Inventories food, supplies and equipment weekly.
- Orders kitchen supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Directs personnel assisting in preparation and serving of meals.
- Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Pearl South Padre Island Resort
200 Room Resort
Nestled on the island's southern tip, the Pearl South Padre Island Resort is a premier oceanfront resort for families and couples who want to experience tranquil views and soft sand beaches in South Texas. Warm rays of sunshine and tropical breezes await your arrival. From the moment visitors drive down the palm tree lined brick road and discover our lush landscaping and pristine beaches, they'll know why the Pearl South Padre is South Texas' "Best on the Beach" resort destination.
After spending a fun-filled day at the beach enjoying the clear blue waters of the Texas coastline, guests can retreat to the Pearl South Padre and enjoy everything this full-service resort has to offer. They can make a splash at the largest hotel swimming pool in South Texas. Grab a tropical drink at our swim-up bar or relax on our oceanfront sundeck. Enjoy a little "me time", and let our massage therapists ease away their tensions at our resort spa. Dine alfresco from an ever-changing menu of fresh seafood brought in daily from the Gulf. Then retreat to a ocean-view room and enjoy the gentle sounds of waves coming ashore just outside the window.
- Located on the pristine blue waters of South Padre Island beach
- 251 guest rooms, suites and condominiums with private balconies
- Spectacular views of the Gulf of Mexico
- 6,000-square-foot outdoor pool and swim-up bar
- Full-service Sapphire Spa
- Summer Kids Camp
- Indoor and outdoor dining at Beachside Bar & Grille
- 8,500 square feet of event space ideal for meetings and weddings