Posted January 7, 2020
As a Van Driver, you will fill a support role in ensuring guest satisfaction through providing transportation, carrying baggage, disseminating information about the hotel and/or van destination, and coordinating certain aspects of guests’ arrivals and departures in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will:
- Preferably have hotel experience and must have a current, valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the hotel facilities.
- Arranges and Transports guests to and from the hotel for guest requested locations. Drives and parks safely and according to hotel driving policies.
- Assists incoming and outgoing guests carrying baggage to and from their rooms; explains features of room to guest ensuring that all equipment is functioning properly; gives location of ice and vending machines; reviews safety procedures.
- Is knowledgeable and informs guests of upcoming events/ functions in the hotel and in the surrounding area (including times, dates, and costs). Is very familiar with the area and provides guests with local directions in a courteous and accurate manner.
- Ensures baggage is secured and tagged at guest request to store baggage.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hyatt Place Mystic
79 Room Hotel
Our convenient Mystic Seaport location gives our guests easy access to nearby Groton, CT, New London Naval Base, Foxwoods Casino, and Mohegan Sun Casino and many great nearby beaches. Travelers will relax in our spacious guestrooms while they enjoy deluxe amenities including free Wi-Fi, outdoor pool, fitness center, and on-site dining. Guests can wake up to breakfast served fresh every day. They can start their morning with cage-free eggs, steel-cut oatmeal, whole fruit, all-natural bacon and sausage, and more. We offer a caffeine fix in the AM and a cocktail at the bar in the PM.
- 79 Rooms
- 24/7 Gym
- 24-hour Business Center
- Meeting Space