1000 Valley River Way
Eugene, OR 97401
Telephone (541) 743-1000
Current Job Openings
Posted November 19, 2019
Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.
Food & Beverage Cashier/Host
As a Part Time Host/Cashier, you will fill a guest services role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals of the daily operation of the restaurant and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will ensure the highest quality service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues and profitability by providing prompt and courteous food and beverage service.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of one year cash handling experience with general knowledge of food and beverage operations.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Become informed of daily/weekly specials and is able to explain all menu items and methods of cooking/preparation to the customers as requested.
- Ensures guests are comfortable in their seats and arranges for appropriate adaptations such as high chairs, wheel chair seating, etc.
- Assists Manager or Supervisor with opening tasks such as assigning stations to servers for meal periods and retrieving daily specials.
- Processes take-out orders; may answer room service phone and process room service orders; practices suggestive selling techniques.
- Receives customer payment from servers and processes transactions on cash register as outlined in the cash and charge procedures; gives correct change; balances cash drawer at close of shift.
- Receive direct and indirect customer feedback regarding their dining experience and relays feedback to proper management.
- Completes all opening/closing paperwork and documents voids on void balance sheet.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Possess valid OLCC Servers Permit and Oregon Food Handlers Permit.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Valley River Inn
257 Room Hotel
Our historic hotel in Eugene, Oregon offers 257 spacious suites & guest rooms with patios or balconies offering gorgeous views of the Willamette River, the Owen Rose Garden, and our beautifully landscaped courtyards. In addition to our cozy rooms and suites, our Eugene hotel offers an outdoor pool, indoor whirlpool, 24-hour fitness center, and on-site restaurant—the award-winning SweetWaters on the River—that serves innovative Pan-Pacific Northwest cuisine in an elegant riverfront setting.
We’re located in the heart of Willamette Valley, close to everything you want to see and do in Eugene. Guests can visit your favorite student at the University of Oregon, and take in an Oregon Ducks football game at nearby Autzen Stadium. We close to great shopping and dining next door at Valley River Center and we're also near local wineries and breweries, including Territorial Vineyards, Steelhead Brewery, Hop Valley Brewing, and more. Eugene and its surrounding areas offer fun activities for all ages, and we put our guests in the middle of it all.