2300 Dulles Corner Boulevard
Herndon, VA 20171
Telephone (703) 713-1234
Posted November 15, 2019
Event Planning Manager
Hyatt Regency Dulles is seeking an Event Planning Manger to join our exciting and fun Sales & Events Team. Our property has 316 suite style guest rooms with 29,000 square feet of event space and is ready for a motived and create new leader to take advantage of a unique opportunity to impress and delight our future groups.
The Event Planning Manager's primary focus is servicing Sales bookings. This position acts as the liaison between Meeting Planners and the hotel staff. Responsibilities include administering the Sales agreement, detailing all Food, Beverage and A/V needs, managing room blocks and pick up, billing instructions and final review. Event Planning Managers also are the on-site contacts and are responsible for the smooth execution of all events. This position plays an important role in the achievement of re-booking group business for future dates while demonstrating effective up-selling skills to obtain maximum profit by developing and maintaining relationships with meeting planners.
Why Join Hyatt Regency Dulles?
Hyatt Regency Dulles associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you. Come join our family and you will have the chance to sell a brand new experience to our guests!
Why Aimbridge Hospitality?
Aimbridge can take you where you want to go! When you join Aimbridge, your professional network will instantly expand. Aimbridge Hospitality recently merged with Interstate Hotel and Resorts creating the global leader in the third-party hotel management services with a portfolio of more than 1,400 branded, independent and resorts properties in 49 states and 20 countries. Opportunities are endless.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment. Refined verbal and written communication skills
- A minimum of 1-3 years of hotel event sales/event planning or comparable experience preferred
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Candidates should be extremely detail oriented, organized and be able to handle a fast-paced environment
- Envision Sales Experience is a PLUS but not required.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hyatt Regency Dulles
316 Room Hotel
Located just minutes from Washington Dulles International and a short Metro ride to DC, our Herndon, VA hotel is conveniently located for both business and leisure travelers. Travelers enjoy door-to-door service with our complimentary airport shuttle, which also runs by the bustling Reston Town Center. We ensure travel is relaxing and seamless with our modern guestrooms, inviting atmosphere, and approachable staff that is always here to help.
- 316 spacious executive guestrooms and suites
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guestrooms
- Complimentary self-parking
- 24 hour StayFit™ gym
- Indoor lap pool / full-size hot tub - Limited Hours Apply
- 24 hour business center