Posted November 13, 2019
The Bistro at Courtyard is a chic, fast-casual concept restaurant offering an eclectic menu including a variety of refreshing to-go options as well as full sit-down fare including cocktails, wine, beer, and Starbucks coffee.
As a Bistro Chef, you will fill a pivotal role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through the daily operations of the kitchen food preparations for restaurants/outlets, meeting facilities, and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will prepare the highest quality of food products to exhibit outstanding taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues. This position reports to a Department Head or General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years of food service, preparation experience with general knowledge of dining services and standards.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Master a wide variety of food & beverage functions, from serving coffee and other beverages (including alcohol), to preparing ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Process all orders and collects payment from customers, and provides assistance in food & beverage areas including busing, cleaning, resetting tables, and delivering food to guests.
- Perform general cleaning and maintenance of food and beverage prep areas.
- Orders kitchen supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Directs personnel assisting in preparation and serving of meals.
- Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Inventories food, supplies and equipment weekly.
- Counts the bank at end of shifts, and follows property control audit standards and cash handling procedures.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Courtyard by Marriott Amarillo West/Medical Center
89 Room Hotel