Posted February 14, 2020
Guest Services Agent
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for taking reservations, greeting and registering guests, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
• Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity.
• Promptly and effectively deals with guest requests and complaints.
• Answers and routes calls as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy.
• Responsible for cash drawer contents and transactions during shift.
• Maintains accurate records including cash flows, registration cards, reservation cards, and property walks.
• Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and travel directions.
• Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the General Manager.
• Offers and properly handles requests for wake-up calls.
• Records pertinent guest information in the pass on log.
• May assist in replenishing continental breakfast as needed and keeping breakfast area clean.
• Ensures common area/lobby is clean.
• Performs laundry functions as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• A minimum of one to three months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Courtyard by Marriott Peoria
78 Room Hotel
Our modern, upscale Peoria hotel offers the absolute best in guest service satisfaction, to go along with a prime Peoria, IL location. We're just a short commute from Caterpillar World Headquarters, Bradley University, Unitypoint Health Methodist, Peoria Airport and the Peoria Civic Center. Courtyard Peoria is within walking distance of Northwoods Mall and just minutes east of the Shoppes at Grand Prairie, where visitors can partake in some excellent Peoria shopping. Our hotel offers a variety of choices for breakfast and dinner, including premium Starbucks Coffee available on-site at the Courtyard Bistro. Guests looking for lodging for Peoria wedding venues love how close we are to Ravina on the Lakes and Kickapoo Creek Winery. At the end of the day, unwind with a drink at the Bistro's bar. We offer all of the amenities guests have come to expect from a hotel stay, including free WiFi, 24-hour business center, 24-hour fitness center, indoor pool and hot tub.