1000 Valley River Way
Eugene, OR 97401
Telephone (541) 743-1000
Posted October 26, 2019
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
Seasonal Banquet Server
As a Part Time Banquet Server, you will fill a guest services role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals of the daily operation of the banquet facilities and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will provide prompt and courteous food and beverage service to banquet guests during banquet/ catering functions to ensure the highest quality of product and service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues and profitability.
What you will be doing
- Have a minimum of 1 year outlet food service experience with a general knowledge of banquet operations.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to the banquet event order; times the service of courses to correspond with the dining pace of the guests.
- Performs pre- and post-shift side work; set-up, condiments, etc.
- Clears table after service. Removes trays of dirty dishes, silverware and glassware to kitchen for cleaning.
- Clears room at end of banquet of all props and centerpieces and properly returns to storage.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Performs pre and post-shift side work including stock service station, makes coffee, etc.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Valley River Inn
257 Room Hotel
Our historic hotel in Eugene, Oregon offers 257 spacious suites & guest rooms with patios or balconies offering gorgeous views of the Willamette River, the Owen Rose Garden, and our beautifully landscaped courtyards. In addition to our cozy rooms and suites, our Eugene hotel offers an outdoor pool, indoor whirlpool, 24-hour fitness center, and on-site restaurant—the award-winning SweetWaters on the River—that serves innovative Pan-Pacific Northwest cuisine in an elegant riverfront setting.
We’re located in the heart of Willamette Valley, close to everything you want to see and do in Eugene. Guests can visit your favorite student at the University of Oregon, and take in an Oregon Ducks football game at nearby Autzen Stadium. We close to great shopping and dining next door at Valley River Center and we're also near local wineries and breweries, including Territorial Vineyards, Steelhead Brewery, Hop Valley Brewing, and more. Eugene and its surrounding areas offer fun activities for all ages, and we put our guests in the middle of it all.