Posted October 9, 2019
Fairfield by Marriott Dubuque is looking for a fantastic AGM
Assistant General Manager
As an Assistant General Manager, you will fill a leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. You will attentively oversee the hotel's personnel as directed and provide support to the General Manager. The responsibilities of the Assistant General Manager are 70% management and 30% assigned duties to ensure hotel consistency in quality of standards, maximizing profits, developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a Supervisory or Management Operations position and brand experience is preferred.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers. Assigns duties to staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card receipts, registration and reservation cards.Accounting/Cash Handling to include:
- Maintaining accurate A/R recordsDaily deposits
- Petty Cash
- Tax reconciliation
- Credit card handling – processing, batching, and PCI compliance
- Assists General Manager in annual wage scale surveys; ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines.
- Selects or assists in the selection of hotel staff and completes all new hire paperwork including position and safety training.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed to include corresponding with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Fairfield Inn Dubuque
56 Room Hotel
Welcome to the Fairfield Inn Dubuque, IA hotel, where we pride ourselves on providing that absolute best in Dubuque hospitality and service. Located just off of Highway 20 travelers will find us minutes away from major businesses such as John Deere, Flexsteel Industries, Medline, IBM, McGraw Hill and many others. Clarke University, Loras College and the University of Dubuque are all nearby and convenient for visiting faculty, students and parents. Finley Hospital and Mercy Medical Center Dubuque provide world class medical care and are only a few short miles from our Dubuque, Iowa Hotel. The Port of Dubuque area features the Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium and the Diamond Jo Casino. Guests can breathe a sigh of relief in our smoke free facility featuring new décor and an hot and hearty breakfasts served daily. Our location puts visitors right next door to great Dubuque shopping at the Kennedy Mall and close to dozens of fantastic dining options at a wide variety of Dubuque restaurants.