305 East 5th Street
Odessa, TX 79761
Telephone (432) 580-5805
Posted January 16, 2020
Outstanding people have one thing in common: An absolute sense of mission.
Corporate Group Sales Manager
As a Corporate Group Sales Manager, you will fill a vital role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through selling guestrooms, catering services and banquet facilities through direct client contact to maximize total rooms revenues. This position reports to the Director of Sales or the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Sales oriented with a desire to sell the newest hotel in Odessa Midland area.
- Be comfortable with prospecting and seeking new business.
- Understand the sales process from call to close.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have two or more years of experience in Hotel Sales, specifically the Corporate Group segment and have knowledge of the local area. (Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.)
- Accurately details each piece of business.
- Ability to communicate to various levels of business clients.
- Ensures that predetermined sales expectations are met or exceeded at each hotel.
- Establishes client base for specific markets to include organizations, associations, social groups, transient and corporate businesses through direct outside (majority) and inside sales, in order to secure business for the hotels.
- Negotiates guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines for each hotel. Confirms agreements in writing and forwards document to client and affected hotel departments.
- Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Work close with revenue management team and sales leadership.
- Flexibility to travel to feeder markets.
- Dedication to fully engage in the overall success of the hotel.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Odessa Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
217 Room Hotel
The brand-new Odessa Marriott Hotel & Conference Center is poised to become the new focal point of Downtown Odessa. Inspired by the rich oil and mineral history and taking a cue from the Odessan landscape, the interior design combines natural woods with elegant stone elements creating a dramatic and sophisticated look. This Ruggedly refined Hotel is a stylish modern Western dreamscape offering world-class accommodations and an expansive conference center built for discerning business and leisure travelers alike. Those “In The Know” see Odessa as one of the fastest growing cities in Texas and is located in the heart of the oil country. It is home to The University Of Texas Permian Basin and Odessa College as well as the Odessa Regional Medical Center and the Medical Center Health System. Our city is unique in the amenities and customer service it provides to our West Texas visitors. Odessa perfectly blends corporate, healthcare and energy with the ambiance of a small town and BIG Texas Hospitality.