601 Walnut Street
Evansville, IN 47708
Telephone (812) 423-5002
Posted January 6, 2020
Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.
Stone City Grill Host/Hostess
As a Food & Beverage Host/Hostess, you will be the first employee to interact with arriving guests as they enter the restaurant. It is the job of the host/hostess to greet arriving guests, welcome them into the establishment and seat them. The guests receive their first impression of the service of the restaurant by their exchange with the host/hostess.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Become informed of daily/weekly specials and is able to explain all menu items and methods of cooking/preparation to the customers as requested.
- Ensures guests are comfortable in their seats and arranges for appropriate adaptations such as high chairs, wheel chair seating, etc.
- Assists Manager or Supervisor with opening tasks such as assigning stations to servers for meal periods and retrieving daily specials.
- Processes take-out orders; may answer room service phone and process room service orders; practices suggestive selling techniques.
- Receive direct and indirect customer feedback regarding their dining experience and relays feedback to proper management.
- Completes all opening/closing paperwork and documents voids on void balance sheet.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
DoubleTree by Hilton Evansville
241 Room Hotel
At A Glance
DoubleTree by Hilton Evansville welcomes you to the heart of Evansville's exciting and vibrant downtown. Connected via skybridge to the Old National Events Plaza and the Ford Center, the hotel is close to government offices and cultural attractions.
We’re within minutes of Tropicana Casino and the University of Evansville, and just a five minute walk from world-class dining options and entertainment, including Victory Theatre and Evansville Children's Museum.
Our exemplary service starts with a warm DoubleTree cookie at check-in. Settle into a guest room with floor-to-ceiling windows, a 43-inch HDTV, mini-fridge, and coffeemaker. Work at the desk and stay connected with complimentary WiFi
Enjoy delicious meals with local ingredients or our delightful buffet at Stone City Grill. The Quarry Bar serves local beers, cocktails and snacks, and there’s a full Starbucks in the lobby for your favorite coffee beverage. Our hotel offers a convenience shop and daily room service.