Posted January 14, 2020
Guest Service Representative
As a Guest Service Representative, you will fill a pivotal role in ensuring guest satisfaction through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for each guest. You will be focused on optimizing each guest’s experience by promoting hotel services, facilities and outlets and providing information of upcoming events/functions in the hotel and surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have one year of hotel, customer service and/or sales experience. * Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary customer service/sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, proficient computer skills to include Word, Excel, Adobe and guest and employee centric management practices.*
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have good computer skills and brand POS experience.
- Register guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check-ins, check-outs, and VIP arrivals. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Answers phone in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Completes daily paperwork to include cashing out, documenting all adjustments, miscellaneous postings, paid outs, charges and check-outs.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the Director of Sales and General Manager.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Downtown/Convention Center
214 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Downtown/Convention Center is set in the heart of downtown Music City – Nashville, providing outstanding service and warm southern hospitality. The hotel is located one block from Music City Convention Center and is 15 minutes from Nashville International Airport. Guests are within walking distance to corporate headquarters, Music Row, Nissan Stadium, Bridgestone Arena, and the Country Music Hall of Fame, and minutes from Vanderbilt and Belmont Universities.
Ideal for business, corporate and social events, this downtown Nashville hotel has over 4,200 sq. ft. of divisible meeting space and a complimentary 24-hour business center. The latest A/V technology and our dedicated staff will ensure that every conference or wedding is a success. Guests can cool down with a dip in the outdoor pool, soak up the sunshine on the pool deck and energize with modern equipment in the 24-hour fitness center. Spacious and modern, our downtown Nashville rooms and suites offer everything guests need for a successful business trip or relaxing vacation. We also offer breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Great American Grill.
- Convention hotel in the heart of downtown Nashville
- One block from Music City Convention Center
- Walking distance to Nissan Stadium, Bridgestone Arena and the Country Music Hall of Fame
- 4,200 sq. ft. flexible meeting space and a 24-hour business center
- Outdoor pool with deck and a 24-hour fitness center