Posted October 17, 2019
Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does!
Janitorial/Lobby Attendant (PM)
As a Full Time Lobby/Janitorial Attendant, you will fill a vital role in ensuring guest satisfaction through cleanliness of public areas in the hotel and occasional guest room cleaning. You will be focused on optimizing guest experiences by providing a spotlessly clean hotel facilities and outlets and providing incredibly friendly guest service to every guest.
This position is scheduled to work 6:00pm-2:30am.
The ideal candidate will:
- Love the look and smell of clean, be detail oriented, preferably with facility cleaning experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Cleans and services assigned hotel public areas in a timely and organized manner according to procedures and standards.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the hotel’s facilities including but not limited to: stairwells, the hallways, the vending areas, the outdoor corridors, the lobby area, the break room, the fitness center, the back office area, the laundry room, public restrooms, and other public areas.
- Remove all objects (example: room service trays, trash, etc.) from guest hallways to the service area as needed.
- Cleans public bathrooms and adds clean liners , restocks toilet paper and facial tissue, empties wastebaskets. Dusts, cleans, and straightens furniture as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes telephones, door handles, and other hardware fixtures. Also polishes chrome and other surfaces routinely.
- Vacuums all areas according to a schedule or when needed.
- Maintains security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Reports lost and found articles and needed repairs of unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO after 1 year of employment
- Tuition Assistance Program after 1 year of employment
- Sick PTO after 90 days of employment
- 401K retirement plan after 6 months of employment
- LTD Monthly Bus Pass Incentive
- Complimentary Daily Parking and Meal available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts at 850 Hotels in the United States
*Specific plans for specific positions
Valley River Inn
257 Room Hotel
Our historic hotel in Eugene, Oregon offers 257 spacious suites & guest rooms with patios or balconies offering gorgeous views of the Willamette River, the Owen Rose Garden, and our beautifully landscaped courtyards. In addition to our cozy rooms and suites, our Eugene hotel offers an outdoor pool, indoor whirlpool, 24-hour fitness center, and on-site restaurant—the award-winning SweetWaters on the River—that serves innovative Pan-Pacific Northwest cuisine in an elegant riverfront setting.
We’re located in the heart of Willamette Valley, close to everything you want to see and do in Eugene. Guests can visit your favorite student at the University of Oregon, and take in an Oregon Ducks football game at nearby Autzen Stadium. We close to great shopping and dining next door at Valley River Center and we're also near local wineries and breweries, including Territorial Vineyards, Steelhead Brewery, Hop Valley Brewing, and more. Eugene and its surrounding areas offer fun activities for all ages, and we put our guests in the middle of it all.