Posted September 10, 2019
Hotel Night Auditor
As a Hotel Night Auditor, you will fill a pivotal role in ensuring guest satisfaction through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for each guest. You will be focused on optimizing each guest’s experience by promoting hotel services, facilities and outlets and providing information of upcoming events/functions in the hotel and surrounding areas. The Hotel Night Auditor accurately balances and audits the hotel’s income and expenses for the current 24 hour period. The position will be mainly from Thursday to Sunday.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have one year of hotel, customer service and/or accounting experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have strong computer skills and brand POS experience.
- May fulfill Manager on Duty shifts.
- Register guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check-ins, check-outs, and VIP arrivals. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Answers phone in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Balances and audits for accuracy room revenue, all room and tax charges, cashier’s reports and guest and house accounts, food and beverage revenue and telephone revenue; assists in the preparation of all reports relevant to daily revenues.
- Completes and transmits daily management and accounting reports and supporting documents; prepares customer tracking report, market segmentation report, food and beverage revenue report necessary to ensure the accurate accounting of hotel revenues and expenses.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hampton Inn & Homewood Suites by Hilton Silver Spring
239 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Hampton Inn Silver Spring is conveniently located near Interstate 495/Capital Beltway and within 45 minutes of all three area airports.
The headquarters of organizations such as Discovery Communications, United Therapeutics, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) are in walking distance. Visit the AFI Silver Theater and Cultural Center, which offers movie buffs a look at the art and mystery of movie-making, or enjoy a premier performance at Live Nation’s new Fillmore Silver Spring, less than one block away.
Guests of our Hampton Inn hotel in Silver Spring, MD unwind in our heated indoor pool and whirlpool and keep up routines in our fitness center. Connect with home and the office using free WiFi in each guest room.
Wake up to Hampton's free hot breakfast or simply grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday, for a quick, healthy meal to go. This hotel has a Suite Shop on the lobby level for beverages and snacks. For business or leisure, our hotel is a comfortable home away from home.
The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Silver Spring hotel provides suites with fully equipped kitchens and free internet access. Guests can enjoy complimentary breakfast, a range of dining options, a fitness room, heated indoor pool and whirlpool. Whether you're staying for a few days, weeks or months, our hotel will make you feel at home.
Located in pedestrian-friendly downtown Silver Spring, our hotel is only three blocks to the Silver Spring Metro station and just steps from restaurants, shops, theaters and nightlife venues. We are also close to the Washington DC metro region's Filmore Club/Live Nation, National Mall and Smithsonian Institution Museums.