1000 Valley River Way
Eugene, OR 97401
Telephone (541) 743-1000
Current Job Openings
Posted September 5, 2019
You can't just eat good food. You've got to talk about it too. And you've got to talk about it to somebody who understands that kind of food.
Room Service Server
As a Room Service Server, you will fill a guest services role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals of the daily operation Food & Beverage service to guest room customers. You will ensure the highest quality of product and service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues and profitability by providing prompt and courteous food and beverage service.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 1 year food service experience with general knowledge of full service, table-side service and standards.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Become informed of daily/weekly specials and is able to explain all menu items and methods of cooking/preparation to the customers as requested.
- Delivers and serves food and beverages to hotel guest’s room and sets up and serves the order in the guest’s room.
- Ensures the guest’s order is prepared and served to the satisfaction of the guest; gladly returns to room with any additionally requested foods, beverages, or utensils.
- Arranges for additional tables or chairs to be brought or taken from the room to increase guest comfort while eating.
- Completes customer payment transactions as outlined in cash and charge procedures.
- Maintains tray tracking system and ensures trays are removed from the guest corridors regularly.
- Performs set-up and closing side work; stocks service station, makes coffee, etc. Presets trays as necessary; prepares flatware “roll-ups”.
- May answer room service phones and record orders; utilizes suggestive selling techniques to increase sales.
- Relays information about direct or indirect feedback of service or cuisine to management.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Valid Food Handlers Card and OLCC Server's Permit is required.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO after 1 year of employment
- Tuition Assistance Program after 1 year of employment
Benefits for Full Time & Part Time Employees
- Sick PTO after 90 days of employment
- 401K retirement plan after 6 months of employment
- LTD Monthly Bus Pass Incentive
- Complimentary Daily Parking and Meal available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts at 850 Hotels in the United States
Valley River Inn
257 Room Hotel
Our historic hotel in Eugene, Oregon offers 257 spacious suites & guest rooms with patios or balconies offering gorgeous views of the Willamette River, the Owen Rose Garden, and our beautifully landscaped courtyards. In addition to our cozy rooms and suites, our Eugene hotel offers an outdoor pool, indoor whirlpool, 24-hour fitness center, and on-site restaurant—the award-winning SweetWaters on the River—that serves innovative Pan-Pacific Northwest cuisine in an elegant riverfront setting.
We’re located in the heart of Willamette Valley, close to everything you want to see and do in Eugene. Guests can visit your favorite student at the University of Oregon, and take in an Oregon Ducks football game at nearby Autzen Stadium. We close to great shopping and dining next door at Valley River Center and we're also near local wineries and breweries, including Territorial Vineyards, Steelhead Brewery, Hop Valley Brewing, and more. Eugene and its surrounding areas offer fun activities for all ages, and we put our guests in the middle of it all.