Posted November 4, 2019
Celebrate life at every occasion with great food and service!
As a Restaurant Supervisor/Food & Beverage Supervisor, you will fill a leadership role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals by assisting the Food and Beverage management in the daily operations of the restaurant. You will ensure the highest quality of product and service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues and profitability. This position reports to the Food and Beverage Manager/Director.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience in a Supervisory or Management Food and Beverage position.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Inspects restaurant and outlets daily to ensure high quality food and food presentation, cleanliness and side work duties completed. Maintain follow-through of all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents which occur in the Restaurant, Room Service, Lounge or Banquets.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to ensure training of all Food and Beverage/Banquet personnel using the steps to effective training according to company standards.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to schedule employees at proper staffing levels; watches labor cost daily to ensure efficiency in scheduling.
- Participates in monthly inventories. Initiates programs to reduce breakage and loss in China, Glass and Silver.
- Assists in the aggressive recruitment of staff department using company hiring standards (i.e. behavioral questioning, reference checks, evaluations and team interviews).
- Conducts pre-shift meetings to inform staff of daily events; ensures staff is prepared, organized and delivers high standards of service.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager in developing and ensure implementation of Food and Beverage promotional ideas.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to ensure all beverage costs are maintained to meet budget.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Valley River Inn
257 Room Hotel
Our historic hotel in Eugene, Oregon offers 257 spacious suites & guest rooms with patios or balconies offering gorgeous views of the Willamette River, the Owen Rose Garden, and our beautifully landscaped courtyards. In addition to our cozy rooms and suites, our Eugene hotel offers an outdoor pool, indoor whirlpool, 24-hour fitness center, and on-site restaurant—the award-winning SweetWaters on the River—that serves innovative Pan-Pacific Northwest cuisine in an elegant riverfront setting.
We’re located in the heart of Willamette Valley, close to everything you want to see and do in Eugene. Guests can visit your favorite student at the University of Oregon, and take in an Oregon Ducks football game at nearby Autzen Stadium. We close to great shopping and dining next door at Valley River Center and we're also near local wineries and breweries, including Territorial Vineyards, Steelhead Brewery, Hop Valley Brewing, and more. Eugene and its surrounding areas offer fun activities for all ages, and we put our guests in the middle of it all.