18501 North Creek Drive
Tinley Park, IL 60477
Telephone (708) 633-0602
Posted December 2, 2019
Assistant Executive Housekeeper
The Assistant Executive Housekeeper is responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper in ensuring clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of guest rooms and common areas of the hotel.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises or assists Executive Housekeeper in directing the work activities of housekeeping staff.
• Supervises housekeeping staff consisting of 1-10 employees.
• Provides training (including safety training) to all housekeeping personnel as directed by management.
• Ensures adherence to company quality standards by inspecting rooms, including deep cleans.
• Distributes keys and work assignments to staff.
• Addresses guest complaints regarding housekeeping services or equipment.
• Completes inventory of supplies and equipment as directed.
• Assists Executive Housekeeper in the selection of Housekeeping personnel.
• Reports any maintenance repairs to maintenance staff; records repair information in maintenance log.
• Completes follow-up on vacant or occupied rooms.
• Assumes functions of Housekeeper as necessary.
• All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• A minimum of three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to appropriately assign/delegate work to others in the accomplishment of goals. Provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems. Appropriately assesses contributions and performance of employees; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Hampton Inn Chicago/Tinley Park
63 Room Hotel
We're 25 miles from downtown Chicago and easily accessible from the Metro station less than five miles away. Old-fashioned street lights shine downtown. Public benches painted by local artists decorate the sidewalks near our hotel. Travelers can spend the day at Odyssey Fun World, an attraction for children of all ages featuring mazes, slides and games. They can then, attend a concert at Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, the state's largest covered outdoor music theater.
Guests can start their day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast. Even those in a rush don't need to miss the most important meal of the day. On their way out, guests can simply grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday. After a long day, visitors can rest in a clean and fresh Hampton bed ® at our Tinley Park, IL hotel.
- Located in a quiet and safe neighborhood
- 25 miles from Chicago
- Two Metro stations less than five miles away, offering transport to downtown Chicago
- 63 guest rooms, accessible rooms available
- Tinley Park Convention Center less than 1 mile away