18501 North Creek Drive
Tinley Park, IL 60477
Telephone (708) 633-0602
Posted December 7, 2019
The Night Auditor is responsible for computing, recording, and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Keeps accurate accounts of cash, checks, and credit transactions.
• Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity.
• Makes daily deposits (as applicable).
• Verifies room charges and rates; verifies register has appropriate starting cash.
• Manages daily paperwork including occupancy report, guest list, cash drawer summary, balance sheet, account summary, history file, and housekeeping report.
• Submits reports to corporate office as appropriate.
• Performs duties of a Guest Service Agent.
• Performs and documents security walks on a regular basis.
• Implements proper procedures in emergency situations.
• Assists in setting up breakfast area as directed; replenishes breakfast items as needed.
• May be required to make management decisions in manager’s absence.
• Completes laundry as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• Minimum of one to three months related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Ability to multi-task; strong organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Hampton Inn Chicago/Tinley Park
63 Room Hotel
We're 25 miles from downtown Chicago and easily accessible from the Metro station less than five miles away. Old-fashioned street lights shine downtown. Public benches painted by local artists decorate the sidewalks near our hotel. Travelers can spend the day at Odyssey Fun World, an attraction for children of all ages featuring mazes, slides and games. They can then, attend a concert at Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, the state's largest covered outdoor music theater.
Guests can start their day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast. Even those in a rush don't need to miss the most important meal of the day. On their way out, guests can simply grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday. After a long day, visitors can rest in a clean and fresh Hampton bed ® at our Tinley Park, IL hotel.
- Located in a quiet and safe neighborhood
- 25 miles from Chicago
- Two Metro stations less than five miles away, offering transport to downtown Chicago
- 63 guest rooms, accessible rooms available
- Tinley Park Convention Center less than 1 mile away