2569 Southwest Boulevard
San Angelo, TX 76901
Telephone (325) 942-9012
Posted October 3, 2019
The Sales Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to enhance the duties of the General Manager and implements and maintains guest appreciation for all groups.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Communicates with General Manager regarding daily activities and leads; strategizes with General Manager in developing a sales plan.
• Administers inside direct sales and strategies and communicates leads to General Manager.
• Assists in coordinating blitzes including communication with new prospects.
• Participates in cold calls with General Manager each week.
• Coordinates group events; greets all groups and individual tours, places welcome baskets in group contacts’ room upon arrival and addresses final items with the group upon departure.
• Facilitates the “guest of the day” program.
• Sets up, maintains, and clears meeting room during and after events.
• Coordinates catering events and communicates with kitchen staff.
• Maintains all sales files and trace file system.
• Covers shifts in front office areas as scheduled by the General Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlooks, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with customers/potential customers.
• Ability to interpret and anticipate customers’ needs.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Basic knowledge of hotel operations.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Home2 Suites by Hilton San Angelo
93 Room Extended Stay
At A Glance
Rodeos at Foster Communications Coliseum, time travel at Fort Concho National Historic Landmark, and outdoor idyll at Lake Nasworthy: travelers will be minutes from it all in our comfortable suites. Guests can enjoy free breakfast and discover the International Waterlily Collection, or head to Angelo State University – less than three miles away. WiFi is free, and pets are welcome.