Posted January 31, 2020
Guest Services Agent
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for taking reservations, greeting and registering guests, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
• Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity.
• Promptly and effectively deals with guest requests and complaints.
• Answers and routes calls as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy.
• Responsible for cash drawer contents and transactions during shift.
• Maintains accurate records including cash flows, registration cards, reservation cards, and property walks.
• Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and travel directions.
• Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the General Manager.
• Offers and properly handles requests for wake-up calls.
• Records pertinent guest information in the pass on log.
• May assist in replenishing continental breakfast as needed and keeping breakfast area clean.
• Ensures common area/lobby is clean.
• Performs laundry functions as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• A minimum of one to three months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Springfield (OH)
60 Room Hotel
The Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield hotel in Springfield, Ohio is the perfect choice for those traveling on business or leisure. The hotel is minutes from Wittenberg University, Wright Patterson AFB, Cedarville University, Clark State Community College and the Springfield Regional Medical Center. We are also located near local businesses: Honeywell Aerospace, Young's Jersey Dairy, International Truck and Engine, Cascade Corporation, Ohio Masonic Home and Urbana University. While in Springfield, travelers can visit area attractions including Frank Lloyd Wright's Westcott House, Buck Creek State Park, Springfield Museum of Art, Clark County Fair Ohio and the Pennsylvania House Museum. Our Springfield hotel is located near I-70 making travel to nearby cities Dayton and Columbus, Ohio, easy and time-saving. At the Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield, our guests are our #1 priority.