Posted February 5, 2020
The Night Auditor is responsible for computing, recording, and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Keeps accurate accounts of cash, checks, and credit transactions.
• Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity.
• Makes daily deposits (as applicable).
• Verifies room charges and rates; verifies register has appropriate starting cash.
• Manages daily paperwork including occupancy report, guest list, cash drawer summary, balance sheet, account summary, history file, and housekeeping report.
• Submits reports to corporate office as appropriate.
• Performs duties of a Guest Service Agent.
• Performs and documents security walks on a regular basis.
• Implements proper procedures in emergency situations.
• Assists in setting up breakfast area as directed; replenishes breakfast items as needed.
• May be required to make management decisions in manager’s absence.
• Completes laundry as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• Minimum of one to three months related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Ability to multi-task; strong organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe
57 Room Hotel
The Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe hotel is perfect for business, weekend getaways, family, and leisure travelers. We are located in Middletown, OH and within a short distance to restaurants, shopping and area attractions and businesses including AK Steel, Atrium Hospital, Air Products, Wausau Paper, Proctor & Gamble and General Electric. Our property is a short 10 mile drive to the Miami Valley Gaming facility, a casino featuring slots, horse harness racing, dining and more! Our hotel is also just 30 miles from downtown Cincinnati, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport (CVG), Dayton International Airport (DAY), and Newport on the Levee Nearby colleges include Cincinnati State- Middletown and Miami University-Middletown. Each of our spacious hotel rooms feature designer bedding by Marriott and free highspeed WiFi and an indoor pool. Guests can wake up each morning to a free breakfast buffet with hot and healthy options available. At the Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe, our guests are our #1 priority.