Posted December 25, 2019
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for directing the housekeeping program of the hotel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of guest rooms and common areas.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises the work activities of housekeeping staff under the direction of the General Manager.
• Provides limited supervision to housekeeping staff consisting of 1 – 10 employees.
• Provides training including safety and standard operating procedures to all housekeeping personnel as directed by management.
• Ensures adherence to company quality standards by inspecting rooms, including deep cleans.
• Distributes keys and work assignments to staff.
• Addresses guest complaints regarding housekeeping services or equipment.
• Assists General Manager in the selection of housekeeping personnel.
• Assists management staff in assuring housekeeping staff is practicing efficient and effective procedures.
• Monitors linen and guest supply inventory.
• Reports any maintenance repairs to maintenance staff; records repair information in maintenance log.
• Completes follow-up on vacant or occupied rooms.
• Assumes functions of Housekeeper as necessary.
• Takes control of lost and found items as appropriate.
• All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• Six months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to appropriately assign/delegate work to others in the accomplishment of goals. Provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems. Appropriately assesses contributions and performance of employees; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia Montgomeryville
101 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Our contemporary Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania, hotel offers an ideal location in a quiet suburban area, surrounded by townhouses and restaurants, and we are conveniently situated next to an LA Fitness gym. Guests can enjoy easy access to popular North Wales, PA, attractions such as Skippack Village, Valley Forge and Peddler's Village. They can explore local historical sites and museums or enjoy a shopping trip to the nearby Montgomery Mall.
Guests can relax in a spacious guest room at this North Wales, PA, hotel and enjoy convenient amenities such as free WiFi access, an HDTV, microwave, refrigerator and a clean and fresh Hampton bed®. We offer upgrades to a suite for extra space with a separate seating area with wet bar. We also provide rooms with a comfy sofa bed, offering an ideal option for families.
Guests can start the day right at this hotel in North Wales, Pennsylvania, with Hampton’s free hot breakfast, and enjoy access to our contemporary fitness center and indoor swimming pool. Business travelers can catch up with work in the business center, offering printing and fax services. Anyone can host a meeting in our 275 sq.ft. boardroom. We offer flexible space for meetings, presentations and seminars for up to 12 guests.