Posted December 25, 2019
The Host-Hostess is responsible for coordinating the serving of breakfast and maintains cleanliness and inventory of breakfast area.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sets up breakfast at scheduled time.
• Ensures breakfast items are stocked and available to guests during breakfast hours according to company standards.
• Maintains cleanliness of breakfast area and kitchen during and after breakfast hours.
• Greets guests and accommodates special requests as needed.
• Ensures countertops and machines are clean and tidy at all times.
• Inventory breakfast items regularly; orders or purchases items as necessary and provides all receipts to General Manager.
• Assists in maintaining cleanliness of public areas.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• A minimum of one month of related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Fairfield Inn Grand Forks
61 Room Hotel
With our location next to the Columbia Mall and area restaurants, and minutes from the Grand Forks International Airport, we have everything travelers will need for their next visit to town. While here it's easy to cheer on the University of North Dakota at the Ralph Engelstad Arena or catch a performance at the Alerus Center. For those in town for business we're near the Grand Forks Air Force Base, and close to area hospitals including Altru Hospital and Sanford Health. Guests can start their day right with breakfast on us at our complimentary hot breakfast buffet.We offer free WiFi, a fitness center, and an indoor pool. At the Fairfield Inn Grand Forks, our guests are our #1 priority.