Posted August 24, 2019
Outstanding people have one thing in common: An absolute sense of mission.
Senior Group Sales Manager
As a Senior Sales Manager, you will fill a vital role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through selling guestrooms, and banquet facilities through direct client contact to maximize total rooms revenues, in the association and SMERF market. This position reports to the Director of Sales.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Senior Sales Manager is a fully competent individual who has experience in the sales process and function of a hotel. Responsibilities include selling guest rooms, meeting space and other Hyatt services to customer groups, managing accounts, and conducting site inspections, solicits and generates business. Duties also include preparing and presenting effective proposals, maintaining well-organized documentation and reports, utilizes Hyatt systems and coordinates customer service requirements as appropriate. The Senior Sales Manager will also participate and may lead event meetings, sales and other staff meetings. The Senior Sales Manager also works as a team member with the sales and catering staff to in close contact with assigned Administrative Assistant and other support staff.
Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
* A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
* Refined verbal and written communication skills
* A minimum of 2+ years of hotel sales experience preferred
* Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
* Prefer selling, negotiating, business writing and presentation skills training
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hyatt Regency Dulles
316 Room Hotel
Located just minutes from Washington Dulles International and a short Metro ride to DC, our Herndon, VA hotel is conveniently located for both business and leisure travelers. Travelers enjoy door-to-door service with our complimentary airport shuttle, which also runs by the bustling Reston Town Center. We ensure travel is relaxing and seamless with our modern guestrooms, inviting atmosphere, and approachable staff that is always here to help.
- 316 spacious executive guestrooms and suites
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guestrooms
- Complimentary self-parking
- 24 hour StayFit™ gym
- Indoor lap pool / full-size hot tub - Limited Hours Apply
- 24 hour business center