311 South Fourth Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Telephone (502) 581-1234
Posted August 22, 2019
Life is a glorious banquet, a limitless and delicious buffet.
As a Full Time Banquet Houseperson (Event Set-up), is primarily responsible for the set-up, breakdown, and cleaning of meeting rooms prior to and after hotel events. This person must be able to follow an event order in order to understand room set-up requirements. This person must be able to follow direction from various managers as well as clients. This person will work with other team members as well as independently. It is necessary that this person is able to lift and carry equipment, stack chairs, and move tables and furniture.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Sets up and/or breaks down tables, chairs, audio visual equipment and platforms/stages according to banquet event order.
- Cleans, stores, and secures all tables, chairs, audio/visual equipment, platforms/stages and other equipment used for banquet functions in an organized manner according to established procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness of banquet rooms, banquet hallways, storage, and service areas.
- May refresh rooms at break; clean ashtrays, remove dirty cups/glasses, cleans trash cans, replenishes water pitchers, replaces table cloths, etc.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Performs pre and post-shift side work including stock service station, makes coffee, etc.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hyatt Regency Louisville
393 Room Hotel
Travelers can stay in the heart of downtown Louisville at our 4th Street Live hotel and walk to all the top Louisville attractions. Our hotel is conveniently attached to the Kentucky International Convention Center. We have brand new rooms featuring upscale amenities, city views, a sofa, and free WiFi. Hyatt Regency Louisville offers upscale fitness amenities and onsite gym activities for guest comfort and convenience. Accessible by guestroom key, our state-of-the-art hotel gym fitness center located in the lobby level allows each guest an opportunity to enhance their stay and keep active.
- 393 spacious rooms with beautiful city and river views
- Free high-speed WiFi internet access (excludes meeting space)
- Hyatt StayFit® gym with cardio and strength training equipment
- Business Center
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Louisville Visitors Center adjacent to hotel
- In the heart of downtown Louisville and adjacent to Fourth Street Live!
- Under 15 minute drive from: Kentucky’s legendary horse racing venue, University of Louisville, Kentucky Kingdom, and the Kentucky Zoo.
- 6 miles from Louisville International Airport (SDF)
- Outdoor tennis court