Posted September 10, 2019
As a Cook, you will fill a pivotal role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through the daily operations of the kitchen food preparations for restaurants/outlets, banquet facilities, room service and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will prepare the highest quality of food products to exhibit outstanding taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues. This position reports to a Department Head or General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of food service experience with general knowledge of dining services and standards.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
- Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Inventories food, supplies and equipment weekly.
- Orders kitchen supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Directs personnel assisting in preparation and serving of meals.
- Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Energy Corridor
216 Room All Suite
At A Glance
Located in the ‘Energy Corridor,’ this all-suite Houston Energy Corridor hotel is 15 minutes from downtown, the George R. Brown Convention Center and the Galleria. Our friendly, multi-lingual staff will ensure every stay is a memorable one.
Guests will feel at home in a two-room suite at our Houston Energy Corridor hotel, perfect for work or for families. They can relax in your private bedroom and separate living areas with flat-screen TV in each, WiFi internet access, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. We also offer Corner Deluxe Suites for twice the space and panoramic skyline views.
Anyone can hold conventions or weddings at our Houston Energy Corridor hotel, boasting 10,000 sq. ft. of Houston function space for up to 500 guests and the support of our dedicated events team.
We have a daily complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast with buffet and the complimentary Evening Reception. Guest can dine in our Oasis Restaurant and Lounge and sip coffee from the Starbucks® Coffee Bar in the lobby. Our hotel provides a complimentary 24-hour fitness center and a heated indoor pool with whirlpool.