Posted September 15, 2019
Guest Service Representative
As a Guest Service Representative, you will fill a pivotal role in ensuring guest satisfaction through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for each guest. You will be focused on optimizing each guest’s experience by promoting hotel services, facilities and outlets and providing information of upcoming events/functions in the hotel and surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have one year of hotel, customer service and/or sales experience. * Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary customer service/sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, proficient computer skills to include Word, Excel, Adobe and guest and employee centric management practices.*
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have good computer skills and brand POS experience.
- Register guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check-ins, check-outs, and VIP arrivals. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Answers phone in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Completes daily paperwork to include cashing out, documenting all adjustments, miscellaneous postings, paid outs, charges and check-outs.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the Director of Sales and General Manager.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hampton Inn Frederick
167 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Our Hampton Inn Frederick hotel in Frederick, MD is surrounded by a town that boasts a rich and fascinating history. Travelers can explore the many museums and learn about the history of Civil War medicine and the construction of horse-drawn carriages. When they're done with exploring the past, the can enjoy some of Frederick's many excellent restaurants, nightclubs and shops.
Guests can make themselves at home in a comfy guest room with a TV, microwave, refrigerator and free high-speed internet. We invite our guests to start their day right with Hampton’s free hot breakfast. We offer our famous waffles and an array of hot and cold items. For those in a rush, we have a healthy Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bag option, available Monday through Friday. At the end of the day, out guests can rejuvenate in our fitness center after a long day of meetings or enjoy a refreshing swim in our Frederick, MD hotel’s outdoor pool.
Plus, we are always ready to host a meeting or event in one of our flexible meeting rooms.