Posted October 15, 2019
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will play a key role in the repairs and maintenance of the hotel, accomplish the preventative maintenance program as directed and support repair and renovation projects.
The ideal candidate will:
- Love the look and quality presentation of all hotel facilities, be detail oriented, preferably with facility maintenance experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Administers the preventative maintenance program as required, properly completing work orders on time.
- Ensures all fire and safety inspections are completed and any discrepancies are corrected.
- Completes training regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner.
- Reports appropriate complaints or requests to appropriate department.
- Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Meets with vendors and suppliers to discuss scope of repair activities for products and materials and to obtain pricing and bids as directed.
- Maintains security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Reports lost and found articles and needed repairs of unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Sheraton Sunnyvale Hotel
173 Room Hotel
We offer a garden-style setting for a calm, resort feeling in the heart of sunny Silicon Valley. With easy access to most major freeways, our serene location is a 45-minute drive to San Francisco, Santa Cruz and other scenic coastal destinations. Beyond our resort-like amenities, from an Olympic-sized pool to a whirlpool and 24-hour fitness facility, we offer our lobby and award-winning Mediterranean restaurant, plus almost 5,000 square feet of meeting space. Our 173 oversized guest rooms offer exterior and interior courtyard views, including Deluxe and Club Level rooms and one Suite. All feature wireless High Speed Internet Access, LCD HDTVs, and the Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience.