Posted September 12, 2019
Line Cook Spoke & Steele
As a Cook, you will fill a pivotal role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through the daily operations of the kitchen food preparations for restaurants/outlets, banquet facilities, room service and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. You will prepare the highest quality of food products to exhibit outstanding taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues. This position reports to a Department Head or General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of food service experience with general knowledge of dining services and standards.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
- Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Inventories food, supplies and equipment weekly.
- Orders kitchen supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Directs personnel assisting in preparation and serving of meals.
- Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Le Méridien Indianapolis
100 Room Hotel
Le Méridien Indianapolis stands in the heart of the business, shopping, and dining district. Nearby is the Indianapolis Cultural Trail, an urban bike and pedestrian path connecting downtown to important areas. Energizing spaces include the complimentary 24-hour fitness centre and the lively atmosphere of our lobby Hub. The hotel is conveniently connected to Circle Centre Mall and the Indiana Convention Center, which spans more than 1,300,000 square feet. Our 100 chic guest rooms and suites feature complimentary wireless High Speed Internet Access, ergonomic workspaces, 42-inch flat screen TVs, and pillow-top LM BEDs with 300-thread-count sheets. In-room illy coffee sparks productivity and imagination.