Posted August 13, 2019
As an Accounting Clerk, you will fill a support role in your hotel’s financial goals through overseeing the smooth and efficient processing of accounting related information and will be focused the processing of accounting related information and will be focused on maintaining the hotel’s funds to ensure that funds are of adequate amount, kept safely, and are accounted for properly. The primary responsibilities for this position will be focused on routine operational tasks and reports to a Department Head or General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of one or more years of progressive experience in accounting field, preferably in hotel accounting, cashier/bank teller or College Degree and one year of accounting experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to oversee the duties of General Cashier, with responsibility for the daily reconciliation of Rooms, Food, Beverage, and House deposits.
- Prepares daily bank deposits.
- Provides all daily change requirements; disperses cash from house fund safe and petty cash funds; accounts for all disbursements from funds; performs daily house bank count.
- Issues banks to cashiers and maintains a documented inventory of all banks; collects and counts all cashier’s envelopes daily.
- Researches cashier variances; conducts periodic audits of cashier banks.
- Transfers details from separate journals to general ledgers and/or data processing sheets.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Prepares reports such as the Petty Cash Report, Over and Short Report (on all cashiers) and General Cashier Report.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Downtown
142 Room Hotel
A central location puts our hotel within walking distance to Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center and Dallas Farmers Market. Business travelers can enjoy our close proximity to the Dallas Downtown Business District, home to AT&T, Tenet HealthCare Corp, Ernst & Young, and Deloitte. Spacious guest rooms and a vibrant lobby in our historic building pair sleek furnishings with classic architecture including original hardwood floors, exposed brick and elegant columns. Free WiFi, plush bedding, and flat-screen TVs are among the thoughtfully appointed amenities guests will find at our hotel in downtown Dallas. Anyone can host an event during a warm Texas evening at our beautiful patio area featuring a heated pool, fire pit, and grill. When visitors are ready to venture into the city, our Dallas hotel offers free shuttle service to downtown attractions including Deep Ellum, American Airlines Center, and The Dallas World Aquarium.