8728 Colesville Road
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Telephone (301) 588-5887
Posted August 13, 2019
As the Chief Engineer, you will fill a key role in maintaining the appearance and presentation of your hotel of an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. As the appearance and cleanliness of the hotel is paramount to all guests, you will ensure repairs, maintenance, and the preventative maintenance program are completed as directed. The Chief Engineer also supports/monitors capital repair and renovation projects. The leader of this dynamic team oversees, coordinates and assists the activities of any maintenance staff. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Love the look and quality presentation of all hotel facilities, be detail oriented, preferably with facility maintenance experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Two years of college or vocational training in electrical or mechanical engineering or plumbing plus five (5) years’ work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services for a hotel or hotels. Needs experience in technical crafts (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.). Specialization in these trades is required. An ability to advance knowledge in these areas is essential.
- Certification and/or License Requirement: Professional certification and licensure if required by law. Minimum Type III EPA Certification for refrigerant reclamation and charging.
- Supervises and assists engineering staff in maintaining and repairing fire and life safety systems, room equipment, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, refrigeration equipment, pool equipment, lighting, laundry equipment and other systems/equipment as directed.
- Performs skilled repair and maintenance operations using power tools, hand tools, welding equipment, etc.
- Responds quickly to guest requests/complaints in a friendly manner. Relays appropriate requests or complaints to appropriate subordinate or manager. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Completes training regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines. Conducts training of co-workers and subordinates as required.
- Meets with vendors and suppliers to discuss scope of work, and products and materials used in, repair activities.
- Manages or assists in hiring, firing, training, assisting with career development and performance evaluations for maintenance staff.
- Maintains security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Reports lost and found articles and needed repairs of unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Hampton Inn & Homewood Suites by Hilton Silver Spring
239 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Hampton Inn Silver Spring is conveniently located near Interstate 495/Capital Beltway and within 45 minutes of all three area airports.
The headquarters of organizations such as Discovery Communications, United Therapeutics, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) are in walking distance. Visit the AFI Silver Theater and Cultural Center, which offers movie buffs a look at the art and mystery of movie-making, or enjoy a premier performance at Live Nation’s new Fillmore Silver Spring, less than one block away.
Guests of our Hampton Inn hotel in Silver Spring, MD unwind in our heated indoor pool and whirlpool and keep up routines in our fitness center. Connect with home and the office using free WiFi in each guest room.
Wake up to Hampton's free hot breakfast or simply grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday, for a quick, healthy meal to go. This hotel has a Suite Shop on the lobby level for beverages and snacks. For business or leisure, our hotel is a comfortable home away from home.
The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Silver Spring hotel provides suites with fully equipped kitchens and free internet access. Guests can enjoy complimentary breakfast, a range of dining options, a fitness room, heated indoor pool and whirlpool. Whether you're staying for a few days, weeks or months, our hotel will make you feel at home.
Located in pedestrian-friendly downtown Silver Spring, our hotel is only three blocks to the Silver Spring Metro station and just steps from restaurants, shops, theaters and nightlife venues. We are also close to the Washington DC metro region's Filmore Club/Live Nation, National Mall and Smithsonian Institution Museums.