Posted September 16, 2019
Area General Manager
As an Area General Manager, you will fill a key leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. You will skillfully oversee 2 or more hotel's overall operation to achieve planned goals for operational integrity as measured by revenue, house profit, and RevPAR index while maintaining company standards for quality assurance, asset protection, associate satisfaction and exceeding guest expectations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 2-5 years’ experience in Hotel General Management, Retail, or Restaurant Management. Multiple property preferred.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Manages all sources of revenue including the rooms, housekeeping, food and beverage, engineering, and other departments. Ensures all departments are profitable and maintain strong working relationships.
- Actively participates in sales discussions, meetings and plans. Knows key account executives and business base. Knows monthly production levels for each sales person on the staff.
- Create the hotel’s annual budget and monitors the performance of the hotel throughout the year.
- Manage the hotel through a hands-on approach, motivating employees, ensuring employee development and retention and conducting regular employee meetings.
- Ensure outstanding guest service and the adherence to all brand standards.
- Protect the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Extended Stay America - Arlington Portfolio
About Extended Stay America
At Extended Stay America, guests find a friendly staff and the practical touches that make being away from home easier, whether they book a hotel by the day, week or month.
Each of our spacious suites offers a fully equipped kitchen, free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV with premium channels, free grab-and-go breakfast and on-site laundry facilities. We offer family-friendly (kids stay free!) and pet-friendly hotel suites in over 600 locations throughout the United States, with long-stay hotels in most major cities.
Whether you’re traveling for business, looking for temporary or corporate housing, needing short-term housing during relocation, or planning a weekend getaway, we have the solution that will fit your budget, with great nightly rates, budget weekly rates and discount long-term rates.
Extended Stay America is the convenient, affordable hotel choice for savvy business and leisure travelers alike.